Nikki Langman joins Angie on the podcast to share her expertise on emotional intelligence, self-mastery, and self-leadership.
Nikki shares her personal story of addiction, shame, and vulnerability. Starting at age 15, she was in and out of addiction treatment and recovery for 20 years.
Nikki talks about emotional intelligence and vulnerability as the path to greatness. Nikki says, “When we feel worthy of greatness, then other people will start to believe us. If we don’t feel we’re worthy of greatness, then other people will let us be in the shadows.”
This episode will empower you to step out of the shadows and begin your journey to self-mastery and greatness!
How to Listen to This Episode
The podcast will officially launch in late 2021 so it can’t be found in your favorite podcast player…yet. To listen to this episode you can either play the video below or you can click here to download an MP3 of the episode directly to your device.
Big Ideas Inside This Episode
- You must put yourself first if you have any chance of being great for other people.
- If we don’t understand ourselves, then we have no chance of understanding anybody else. If we can’t serve ourselves first, then we don’t have enough to give to other people.
- “I opened the door for vulnerability and confidence walked out.”
- When you have felt stigmatized or shamed it’s a powerful motivator for silence.
- Nikki overcame 20 years of addiction with the help of emotional intelligence and being honest with herself.
- There is so much power in our self-talk. What we think we will become.
- There is comfort in numbers and being part of a group, but to be worthy of greatness it requires you to leave the safety of the group and stand out.
- You cannot be outstanding unless you stand out. That can be a very vulnerable place and requires that you let people see you.
- The wisest thing you can ever do is be on your own side. (Attributed to Maya Angelou)
- When we feel worthy of greatness, then other people will start to believe us. If we don’t feel we’re worthy of greatness, then other people will let us be in the shadows.
- Create an environment of safe people – people you can give permission to call you out on your bad behaviours and will not personalize your attack.
- Be honest with yourself and fill your tank first.
- Get 20% off Nikki’s book, How to Be a Badass, with the code GREATNESS20 at nikkilangman.com.
About Nikki Langman:
Nikki Langman is an International Speaker, #1 Best-selling Author, Thought Leader on Emotional Intelligence and Self-Mastery, and an Ultra Endurance Runner. She is passionate about personal transformation and self-leadership. Nikki believes that our potential for impact and influence with others is dependent on how effectively we understand and lead ourselves first.
After battling drug and alcohol addiction for decades, Nikki discovered a passion for endurance running at age 40 and commenced her athletic journey, going from novice runner to competitive ultramarathoner in two years. She has spent years and thousands of miles pounding the pavement exploring one question: “What does it take to become your most powerful self?”
The answers to that question are outlined in her book, “How to be a BADASS: Navigating Your Road to Self-Mastery”. Nikki shares her BADASS framework for self-mastery and demonstrates how you can apply powerful principles in your personal and professional life every day to get the results you want consistently, increase your courage and confidence, deepen your authenticity, take more purposeful action, lead more effectively, and manifest love and respect for yourself at all times.
How to Connect with Nikki Langman:
- Website: nikkilangman.com
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/nikkilangman1
- Facebook: facebook.com/nikki.d.torres/
- Instagram: instagram.com/nikkilangman
Resources Mentioned in the Episode:
Get your copy of Nikki’s book, How to be a Badass here: nikkilangman.com/shop
Use the code GREATNESS20 at checkout for 20% off!
Leave a Review
If you liked this episode, please send me your review here. Your review helps me grow the show and reach more listeners!
Apply to Be on the Podcast
Would you like to be a guest on Worthy of Greatness? If you’re an expert in one of the following topics, I invite you to apply to be on the podcast:
- Mental health and mindset
- Business and entrepreneurship
- Physical health and wellness
- Spirituality and law of attraction
- Productivity and healthy habits
- Purpose and happiness
- Personal development and self-improvement
If your application is accepted, we will record an audio interview that will be sent to over 50,000 entrepreneurs. Not only will your expertise help others, but your business will get some massive exposure!